Wednesday 2 April 2014

Wilko's Wednesday Weekly Waffle!


Do you know, the more you deal with banks, the less you want to deal with them. I think we should return to the time of bartering and trading and with that in mind, ready for that return, it is me that is stockpiling all the salt and taking it out of its primitive plastic packaging and re-bagging it. It is me that is emptying the supermarket shelves of all the salt. It is me that is combining all the Lo Salt, Rock Salt, Sea Salt and No Salt back in to one usable Currency Salt. You’ll be sorry when you realize you should have followed my lead!!

Overheard, no actually so loud I couldn’t fail to hear it, “I’M NOT STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET F#*$%@G ARGUING ABOUT THIS!”
Actually – yes you are! The actually quite alarming thing about this was that it was a couple older than me, who, my guess would be, had probably been married for an unseemly long time. So I wonder how many thousands of people over the years have heard that same thing?

People watching/listening #2. A guy probably in his 70’s at Chester Bus Exchange – what a strange thing to call a bus station, don’t you think? - sees a young far Eastern person, possibly Chinese but possibly not, looking at the bus timetable. This young guy is the eyes and general enquirer, best English understander/speaker for a group of about 15 other excitable far Eastern mixture of sub 25 year old guys and girls. Brave older English guy starts a conversation using unconventional sign language, very slow pigeonish, Englishese, and pointing at the bus timetable, you know like you use in a chippy you’ve not been in before!!         
So they wanted to go apparently to Cheshire Oaks and much gesticulation and pointing had the group directed correctly to the #1, good job really it wasn’t the #84 hey? Much nodding, smiles and grace from first of all the young man and then the entire group of visitors. Gold medal to the helper!! He even carried on and pointed to the bus as it got to the stand and he rightly looked pleased with himself, he had done his good deed for the day. You’re thinking where’s this going, aren’t you? 
Ha ha!!! So am I!!!!  
I  too was going to Cheshire Oaks so I also wanted the #1 and was thinking OMG this far Eastern group are going to be fun on the bus! 
Then as if initiated by some secret code the far Eastern group of visitors went marching off, en masse, and got the X2 at the stand behind. The X2 does not go to Cheshire Oaks so therefore it was the wrong bus! I had to pass the now bemused helper to get on the bus and said as I passed, “You just can’t help some people can you?” To which he replied, now doubting himself and all his wonderfully graphic instructions, “Maybe the X2 goes there now!” 
Yes mate maybe or maybe not!! 
Who knows maybe one day you’ll get on a Stagecoach bus in Cheshire and find a group of far Eastern travelers still looking for Cheshire Oaks. Anyway I had a quiet journey and Cheshire Oaks, a lucky escape!!


My picture of the week over on Pixel Rainbow can be found >>>> HERE <<<<

No comments: