Wednesday 9 April 2014

Wilko's Wednesday Waffle.......

 As well as not getting as many people reading this, Tuesday’s are really a bit pointless aren’t they? Always been traditionally ‘ramblers’ day. 
Oh don’t get me wrong nothing I like better than to be go out for a long walk with like minded people… my problem is that ramblers are not my kind of people! 
I have been for walks with the Rambler’s Association. “Oh where’s Simon?” 
Oh he’s back there taking 100 pictures of nothing! 
“Well he better hurry up – he’s going to miss out on his soup and sandwiches at the pub!”
Simon would rather do things at his own pace and do his own thing thank you!!

So yesterday I was out walking, avoiding the ramblers and doing my own thing, so I thought, while I’m down this way, taking 100’s of pictures of nothing then I’ll go to the RSPB nature reserve spend a few hours there. After all the sun was out and everything was right with the world. 
Until I discovered the sign. ‘CLOSED TUESDAY’. 
Just hope all the birds and wildlife take full advantage of not having the public ogling them on a Tuesday!

No worries while I’m on my way home I’ll pop in to Ness Gardens for an hour or so, I’ll try and get away with showing my expired Friends of Ness card and get in for nothing! 
Until I discovered the sign. ‘CLOSED TUESDAY’.
Oh my word another major institution closed on Tuesday to avoid the ramblers. Nothing for it I’ll go down to the new café on the footpath have a nice coffee and a muffin and a read of some of the amazing local history books they have there.

No muffins left and all the books being read, very busy. So I say, “You are not usually this busy on a Tuesday are you?” “No we’re not but it’s the rambler’s they have just started calling here, Tuesday’s is their day you know?” I’ll have that coffee to go please!!

I’m not safe today either I have just discovered Deeside Midweek Walkers that change from Tuesday to Wednesday on alternate weeks. Knowing my luck - you know what's coming don't you?

Also to do with days. Finally after all these years, Liverpool, where there has always been Eight Days a Week, (Beatles yes?) is finally getting a Friday’s, so maybe now it should be Nine days a week? I am of course talking about TGIFriday’s opening in Liverpool One complex shortly. Not before time I might add.

Has anyone ever seen the irony in having a complete Roman hypocaust, all to do with underfloor heating, in the basement of the fast(ish) food that needs the most heat – jacket potatoes! Could only happen in Chester! Crazy, mixed up city!!
Visit the remains of the Roman Hypocaust beneath SPUD U LIKE, Bridge Street Chester. Here’s some pictures from Spud U Like's Facebook page. >>>CLICK<<<<


At the top of this page there is now a tab marked LINKS, feel free to click on it to see where else you can find me!         

No comments: