Wednesday 4 June 2014

The return of Wilko's Weekly Waffle on this World Wide Webby thing!

So welcome back to the weekly waffle and for me welcome back to life as I have got to know it!!
A family staff member said that it must have been like losing an arm. For me not to have a working lap top that is! 
I corrected him and said that it was more like losing both hands! 
Internet access can be quite easily sorted with friends, unsmart phones and yes the library, but the problems occur when I look to the internet alternatives. What do I do to take a break from the World Wide Webby thing? Most of you know I edit pics and look at them. In 5 days without a lap top I had taken 800 photos!! For some people that's as many as they might take in a year but a fairly average weekend for me. 
History group walk in Royden Park and a visiting cruise liner in Liverpool added to the usual lens exploring and photographing of the unusual and of course not forgetting the Facebook fun bench group!! 
Non of these pics don't pass the quality threshold until I have seen them on my lap top! I saw them on my camera but they still need turning and filing and all those mundane things that happen automatically and without any thought when viewing on my lap top!!
But we are slowly getting back to normal, big lie, as far as May was concerned we are just about sorted!! But 4th June already and nothing for June has been seen yet!! 
Thank you to those concerned in getting the charger sorted for me, which wasn't without its own problems due to the Canadian origins of my lap top!!

The temptation of course would be to go completely over the top and write absolutely loads to make up for lost time. Uh can you ever imagine me doing that..... ha ha!! But I really am not going to.... 

I do just want to mention for the first time - the football world cup! Or rather the time when we English pretend to be patriotic and seemingly adopt our other national sport of drinking and frankly get it all wrong!! In the ideal world we would see only George Crosses in support of England, with the greatest of respect to our neighbours and friends in the union which is the United Kingdom, you are not in the world cup - England are! 
I knew the world cup was upon us because all the drink adverts went from subtle to full on over night. 
Is it a football tournament or a drinking competition? 
But unfortunately like the flags, again we get it wrong!! Shouldn't we really drink English drinks? Or at least drinks from countries that are not in the world cup? 
I love watching the international games and in my own little way enjoy the world cup, but I really do cringe when I see loud mouthed English fans, draped in Union flags buying barrels upon barrels of American beer in German owned supermarkets. Example only ....... Probably!!


No comments: