Tuesday 4 March 2014

Well it's still Tuesday, so here's part of a doodle!


It’s in the name isn’t it? Mardi Gras is Fat Tuesday in French so my Tuesday doodle was always going to be on Mardi Gras wasn’t it? 
Mardi Gras the World’s biggest parties celebrated in many different parts of the world. Two years ago I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and as a tour guide said in ‘that’ amazing Southern drawl about Mardi Gras, 
“We don’t do no second to REEEEEEEO d JANEEEERO!” Ok I haven’t been to RDJ and know only of its reputation for partying but after my wonderful experiences of Mardi Gras I shouldn’t imagine ‘Nawlins’ actually does second to anywhere!! With that been said it is Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day again this year, so let me think where do my preferences lie? Mardi Gras in NOLA or Pancake Tuesday in UK? Hard one though!! 
For me Pancake Day is a bit like Valentines or Mother’s Day….. no wait – let me explain. A special day set aside to do or say something that you should do all the time. I love pancakes but only have them, normally, once a year – Pancake Day! Funny how certain foody things fall in to a category like that! I can think of Hot Cross Buns and Christmas pudding and for the most part Turkey!!
I guess the ideal place therefore is to live in America, close enough to really celebrate Mardi Gras and with the help of IHOP, enjoy pancakes every day if you so wish!! That is after all why IHOP exists isn't it? Ha ha!!
Yes you’ve guessed it I would maybe have preferred to be close to New Orleans today for all the obvious reasons!! 
However I did have a lovely lunch with Wilko News staff members including my lovely Granddiddly Doe and was provided with all the necessary to enjoy my pancakes at home – thank you it was wonderful!! Despite doing preprepared pancakes in my microwave for the very first time and despite how good they were I still doubt that I will have pancakes again before next Shrove Tuesday unless it is on a visit, probably, out of the UK.
I hope everyone had a wonderful ‘Fat Tuesday’ though and I’m not complaining because I did!


Nearly over as it is the remainder of this doodle will be later in the week….. 
In the meantime, as posted earlier on the book of Face, I had a day yesterday that felt in some respects that my life was slowly but surely been taken over by animals and the picture story of that is here >>>Animals <<<.  

No comments: