Wednesday 11 September 2013

9 11 Remembered.

Please just spend a minute today, here or elsewhere reminding yourself of the atrocity of 9 11. 
It's important we all remember so that we can all play a part in hoping together that this sort of thing can never ever happen again. 
This is in no way attributing blame or subscribing to any 'conspiracy theory' this is purely remembering a day that changed the lives of so many people. All around the world. Forever.
I am sure that there is no one unaware of the happenings on this day in 2001 but *click here* for the factual account. 

In 1990 I took pictures of the World Trade Centre and visited the top of the tower, the one without the radio mast. I was able to take pictures of the radio mast, needless to say, a big 'wow' for me on my first ever trip to America! Imagine my horror as I watched the news live on Tuesday 11th September 2001 seeing that mast come crashing through the tumbling tower. 
It is an image that remains with me. 
It has become for a generation the event that you can recall perfectly where you were when you first heard about it and how it made you feel. Some of my pictures are *here*.
Over the years all searchable on here and the old Wilko News I have also remembered, feel free to look for them. I have just one highlighted *here* which was from 2010.

Thank you for reading and remembering.

This is my picture of a window in the stained glass museum in Chicago.





No comments: